Employee Documents

Employee FAQs

I am a new employee; how do I enroll for benefits?

New employees are eligible for health and most supplemental benefits the first day of the month that follows thirty (30) days after your date of hire.  For example, an employee that is hired April 10th would be eligible for benefits June 1st.  The Human Resource Department will coordinate and schedule a benefits meeting prior to your eligibility date for benefit enrollment.  Please note that you must supply a copy of your marriage license, dependent birth certificates, and Social Security numbers for any dependent health elections.

When can I change my benefits plan?

You can change your benefits plan each year during Open Enrollment, or when a qualifying event occurs.  Open Enrollment typically occurs during the fall with the benefits beginning January 1.  Qualifying events are special occurrences that allow an employee to change their benefit elections.  Examples include, marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of a child, and loss of health coverage.  Please note, that qualifying events do allow you to add dependent coverage, however you cannot change health plans except during Open Enrollment.  You may cancel coverage at any time.

How do I replace my lost/stolen insurance card?

You may replace your lost health insurance card by logging into the Blue Cross Blue Shield website at www.bcbsga.com, or by visiting the Human Resource Department.

You may replace your dental insurance card by logging into Delta Dental at www.deltadentalins.com, or by visiting the Human Resource Department.

You may replace your prescription card by logging into Aetna at https://www.aetna.com  or by visiting the Human Resource Department.

I need to change my address, what do I do?

Employee Change forms are available on the website under General Forms.  To change your address for Health Insurance, Pension, or taxes you must visit the Human Resources Department.

What do I do if I am hurt on the job?

If it is a medical emergency, call 911.  You must report the injury to your supervisor as soon as possible.  If it is a non-emergency, report the injury to your supervisor, complete an incident report and coordinate with Human Resources for treatment.  Please see the Worker’s Compensation Policy in your Employee Handbook for further information.  

When can I get a boot voucher?

Boot vouchers are issued by the Human Resource Department.  You must come into the office to receive your annual voucher.

How can I get a copy of prior W-2 forms?

The Finance Department retains copies of W-2 forms, please call 912-748-7261 to schedule an appointment with the Finance Officer to retain copies.

How do change my Tax Deductions?

Federal and Georgia Tax Withholding forms are available on the website under General Forms.  Once complete tax forms must be submitted to Human Resources.  Further information can be found at https://www.irs.gov or https://dor.georgia.gov/withholding-tax.information.

What are the City Holidays?

The City of Pooler recognizes the following as holidays:

New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Day after Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.  For more information please refer to your Employee Handbook.

Direct Deposit Email Authorization
Direct Deposit Authorization
G4 Form
W-4 Form
Information Change Form
PTO Request
PTO Request - Fire

Health and Benefits
Disability Claim
Employee Accident Claim
PPO Benefit Summary
HMO Benefit Summary 
Summary of Benefits
Delta Dental Summary of Benefits

Workers Compensation
Mileage Compensation Form
Panel of Physicians
Incident Form

GMA Pre-Retirement Beneficiary
457 B Beneficiary
457 B Payroll Contribution
457 B Application

FMLA Request
FMLA Physician Certification
FMLA Military Guide