CITY OF POOLER
JANUARY 23, 2019
A planning retreat was held on January 23, 2019 at the Grand Hyatt Atlanta Buckhead at 2:00 p.m... Present were Mayor Mike Lamb, Councilman Bruce Allen, Councilwoman Rebecca Benton, Councilwoman Shannon Black, Councilman Larry Olliff, Councilman Mike Royal and Councilman Stevie Wall. City Manager Robbie Byrd, City Attorney Steve Scheer, Assistant City Manager/Public Works Director Matt Saxon, Finance Officer Chris Lightle, Police Chief Ashley Brown, Fire Chief Wade Simmons and City Engineer Holmes Bell were also present.
Mr Byrd gave the opening remarks.
Greg Kelly with the Savannah Airport Commission gave a presentation on the interchange at I-95 and Airways Avenue, stating that the Commission is proposing the interchange to be re-worked.
Holmes Bell and Jennifer Oetgen, engineers with Hussey Gay Bell, presented information on the upgrade for the wastewater treatment plant project. Mr. Bell presented information on the water and sewer projects/infrastructure as well as ongoing and future projects.
Stanley Hurd of EOM gave a presentation on his company’s functions. Michael Coon, engineer with EOM, presented information on the work performed by the company in 2018.
The following was discussed:
* Mr. Byrd presented information regarding the City of Bloomingdale’‘s request for additional capacity at the wastewater treatment plan and purchasing water
* Mr. Byrd provided the status of the wetland study at the park on S. Rogers Street
* Mr. Byrd presented proposed projects for the preliminary Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax list
* Mr. Byrd presented information on the proposed West Chatham Public Library relocation
* Discussion about an ordinance to prohibit “brown bagging” of alcoholic beverages was discussed
The retreat was closed to go into Executive Session to discuss personnel, legal and real estate matters at approximately 5:01 p.m. and the retreat ended at approximately 5:21 p.m.