Paola Parada – Utility Billing Manager

The Utility Billing Department's goal is to provide friendly and professional services to the City of Pooler’s residents and business owners. The Utility Billing Department is responsible for generating utility bills for water, sewer, and sanitation.  This department provides assistance to utility customers who may have questions about their bills.

Phone:  912-748-4800

What will I need in order to establish service?

If you rent the property, you must provide a copy of the lease, your driver’s license, and fill out the utility billing application. You also must pay a deposit of $150 at City Hall via credit card, cash, check, or money order. If you own the property, you must show proof of ownership (i.e., HUD statement, closing disclosure, deed, etc.), your driver’s license, and fill out the utility billing application.

How long does it take for my account to be established and for my utility services to be activated?

All applications for service will be processed same day so long as you bring all documents needed to City Hall prior to close of business. Please note that the City of Pooler does not require you to be home when service is established. It is your responsibility to ensure that all water faucets are off and there are no leaks during the cut on procedure. If there is any water running at the time of cut on, the water service will be turned off at the meter and you will need to call the Utility Billing Office to schedule another connection.

When are utility bills due?

All utility bills are due by 5:00 p.m. on the date specified on your bill. Homes south of Highway 80 (Zone 1) are due on the 5th of each month. Homes north of Highway 80 (Zone 2) are due on the 20th of each month. A 10% penalty fee will be applied to your account if the balance is not paid by the due date. Payments must be made by 5:00 p.m. at City Hall or by 3:00 p.m. in either drop box location to avoid a late fee. If service is suspended for nonpayment, you will be required to pay the account balance in full plus a $50.00 penalty fee to have service restored. Payments made after 5pm are posted the following business day. Any penalty or suspension of service due to payments received after 5pm are the sole responsibility of applicant.

How often does the city read my meter?

We read each zone once a month.

How can I pay my bill?

· In person: City Hall second floor, Customer service window, Mon- Fri from 9am-5 pm.

· Mail: Checks or Money orders at: Utility Billing Department-100 SW HWY 80, Pooler GA 31322 (Please reference property address or account number).

· Drop Box: Located at City Hall next to the handicapped entrance and next to the Municipal Courthouse. (Please reference property address or account number) We accept checks or money orders only. No cash. The City of Pooler is not responsible for cash placed in the drop box.

· Online*: www.

· Pay-by-phone*: dial 1-888-291-1760

· ACH draft : Fill out the ACH draft request form and attach a voided check.

*Online and pay-by-phone are subject to a 3.5% service fee.

How do I make changes to my account?

All account changes must be submitted in writing to the City of Pooler's Utility Billing Office at 100 US HWY 80 SW, Pooler, GA 31322 or via email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . We strongly encourage a follow up phone call on any changes made via email.

How can I disconnect my utility account?

You may do so in writing in person at City Hall or by returning the Disconnect Form that can be found on our City’s website under Utility Billing. You are responsible for any and all City of Pooler utility bills generated at the address of service until a request of disconnection is received in writing to the City of Pooler Utility Billing Office. Monthly charges will continue as long as service is furnished in the applicant's name at the service address. Charges for water, sewer, and sanitation services continue when service is active whether used or not. We strongly encourage a follow up phone call on any disconnections made via email.

How can I sign up to receive ebills?

You may do so when you sign up for service or by notifying the Utility Billing Office via email or in person. EBill is a convenience for utility customers. Applicants are solely responsible for updating their eBill information and eBills not received are the sole responsibility of applicants.

City of Pooler, GA | 100 SW US HW 80, Pooler, GA 31322
City Hall: (912) 748-7261
Police Department: (912) 748-7333